My last few days at VNIT got me thinking about this. A whole lot of things that I was majorly into have come to an end, and are still coming to an end in the last one year. Here's a list of whatever I can make public. :P
1) Zero - The greatest band in the world. India's contribution to rock and roll. Last show played was at Independence Rock last year. Too bad there won't be another album for me to listen to all day and all night and then rave about how Zero changed our lives.
2) Aarohi/Axis/Quizfest/Ganeshotsav/Janmashthami/Lohri/Freshers - Being an obsessive compulsive organiser, along with a few other fair and dark folk of Hostel Block One at VNIT, this marks a complete shift in the cosmos. There is practically nothing left for me/us to organise. A feeble attempt at resuscitation was the 'batch farewell', but the whole magnum opus feel that we wanted to bring to that was shot down by some strange bitches around college. Too bad for them, I still have my glass of whiskey to go home to.
3) Newsletter - When Datar and I joined the VNIT newsletter committee last year, we were struck by how sad the scene was. NO offence to our seniors who worked a lot, but in general, the effect of the newsletter wasn't like it was supposed to be. A few days later, Dedhia joined the committee too, and the time for change was upon us.
One year under the aegis of Messrs D&D, Datar and Dedhia, and Eyes Only is a transformed rag. People await its arrival, and it feels like something that we're leaving behind that has made a mark. I hope someday to contribute another editorial to EO, even if it only as an alumnus. :)
4) Going Late To Classes - At VNIT, in the last four years, I have never attended a class on time. The minimum time difference between beginning of class and my entry has always been around the 15 minute mark. And this has scarce little to do with factors like, the class is early morning, or I overslept. Even if the class was at 12 noon, I've strolled in at 1220PM.
Alas, with graduation, comes the responsibility of getting to class on time at MICA. Too bad for me, I guess.
5) Going to Asit's Every Day - If you spoke to me last year, on the same date, you'd know that for about 4 years before that, I went to Asit Sharma's place every day of the year. Every. Single. Day. Sadly, with college ending and so much left to say and do, that's changed. It's a bittersweet emotion, in some way that I can't seem to fathom, but hey, I'm not supposed to know everything, am I?
6) Glasnost - The best goddam thing to happen to the four of us - Espy, Sax, Pappu and Kana. Driven by Pappu's guitar and improved because of Espy and Sax, my funky band is all but done for. If in case Espy turns up at Baroda, and I'm at A'bad, with Datar getting some time too, we can think of playing in the future, else, it's curtains for us. Thank you to those who've been there and liked what we did. One last time, check!
But, to use a cliche, every dark cloud...silver lining...blahblah. New things to look forward to, new people to meet, new fests to organise. :)
The only thing that I'm not so sure about, is that if I really want those new things. Everything is in its right place. Soon, nothing will be. Soon, I will wake up not knowing what to do with rest of my day. Soon, I shall be an engineering graduate, and I don't even know if I want to be there yet.
7 comments:
well dear
things in life change
wud u like to have things be static and the way they are? sure its comfy and nice but i things we always want something new, deep inside - human nature
the flipside is that the change is never as u expect it to be... and thats life isnt it ... at some point ur gonna have to stop fighting for everything you want and just pick the most important and sacrifice the rest for the other imp ppl in ur life.
im still not at that stage yet - i need to fight for a little longer.
but my day will come too. i miss vnit no matter wht you say nothing's perfect - i miss all its imperfections and idiosyncrasies; as they say - no beautiful thing is ever perfect
the people you want around,will always be around. it won't be at the hostel, the lake(dam?) or the tapri, but they will be there :)
"The only thing that I'm not so sure about, is that if I really want those new things."
How extremely well I know what you mean! And after one year in MICA, you'll be extremely glad that you chose those new things. Congratulations, on reaching life's yet another turning point. :)
Ek, Do Teen, Chaar.. Mr. Kanabar.. I think you could have written the post more Kana way. Sigh :(, is that also coming to an end ( I hope not :) )
Well said, Ms Grace. Although we will miss all the tapris, FIFA, pizza.
And not to forget all the greenery. :)
i forgot to comment on this.
kana is feeling infinite senti..i know that and he did agree.
between i remember Singhvi had told once in our 2nd year "saala tum log hamesha organize hi karte ho kya!" and how true it has been since then.
best thing would be the gang would miss playing fifa and i would miss watching it.
and ofcourse the infinite "Sarcasm and chaat" that we are so good at
And finally the breaking news--We have our own FAN now. :)
Ah, well. This place is so much in our system that I don't know how I'll spend time after I leave - just thinking about it makes me feel lost.
But in our own Dukkar's words, its just another stage in life that we cross... the end of a really colorful era and hopefully the beginning of a brighter one. I'm sure glad it happened.
Post a Comment