My photo
Observing and Reporting.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bomb Ourselves Back To The Stone Age

Hello folks.
This is going to be a good ol' fashioned rant, so get your popcorn and sodas ready, and buckle up.

1) Environmentalists.
Noun. Also, synonym for people with too much time on their hands, and too little in their personality to actually make others care about them. So they go ahead and make it a point to find a fault with everything around, and condemning said everything to high hell. Case in point, the Tata Nano. Some idiots think that the Nano is going to pollute and pollute and pollute. Are chutiyon, you know we've norms for the environment, don't you? Just because some politicians made a case ten years ago against a cheap car, you get sucked into their perspective and criticize what is every middle class man's dream? I suggest you get a life, and while you're at it, pull your foot out of your mouth, because if you really did care so much about pollution, you'd quit the comfort of your cosy homes, and head for the Himalayas. But that wouldn't help much either, because you'd just melt the ice off with your warm and fuzzy farts.

Let's get a little technical here. A Nano will give you 23kms to a litre of fuel. On the other hand, an SUV gives you what 8-10kms to a litre. If you still don't see my point, the Lord, if there is one, wasted a set of eyes and a brain on you. Stop the SUVs if you care so much. Or be like me, and don't. Please, don't waste our time with your opinions, and if you are a hot enough environmentalist who'd only give me some if I heard you out, just save it for the morning after.

2) Facebook.

Dudes. Seriously. Social networking used to mean keeping in touch with people. Not sitting and quizzing your personal highway to internet iconism. Get a life. Get utorrent. Download. Watch a movie. Watch porn. Get it up and let it out. Stop quizzing on Facebook, and even if you don't, stop sending me the goddam updates letting me know that your favourite band in the whole wide world is Backstreet Boys. They're not even a band, they're a group, idiot.

3) The Third Front. The Fourth Front. Whatever else.

So suddenly, Mayawati wants to be PM. And it will soon be mandatory for everyone going in for a job or an education to produce an open category certificate. I'm not one to ask about a person's standing in life or any of that jazz and I generally take shit the way it comes, but when it's about to hit the fan, I'm not going to stand behind it. Are Maya-ben, aukaad pata hai? On one hand, you've got people rooting for Barack O-haha, who's atleast qualified enough to be where he is, and in the largest democracy in the world, we have a proper swayamwar for the top job in the country. But who really know what's going down when these politicians make their pre-poll, post-poll, pre-earlymorningpoop, post-coitus, pre-mature-ejaculation alliances?

To anyone who reads number 3 - Be a man. Do the right thing. Shut up, and vote. Show these idiots the finger.

Oh, and the Samajwadi Party is like the laughing stock of Indian politics. After the BJP, of course. Amar Singh spends more time on Page 3, while Mulayam tries to get mulayam ladies to give him hand jobs since his hands are all dirty from the shit Laloo and Paswan are dragging him through. Poor old chaps, even Mayawati raped them upside down and hung their cocks to dry in the Arctic Circle. When will they learn? No wait, will they learn?

Wow, I feel better, so I'll give you a life update on me.

I was in Delhi for a week, met Rini after a long time. Had the most amazing time ever. Love her to death.
Was at a few farewell functions, since it is our last fortnight at VNIT. I laughed and cried at the same time.
My final year project group is awesome. We have done nothing yet, and since tomorrow is the seminar, I don't think we're going to. Cheers Mayur. :)

Life is good right now, but I don't know how long it will last. So for any of my friends reading this, you know who you are, thank you for the time of my life.

10 comments:

Unaccustomed Mirth said...

rants are fun! though none are as graphic as yours :P

Tarang said...

The new facebook drives me up the wall too.Pun unintended.And why do werewolves and vampires converge and proliferate in my notifications window every single day ? Weird :S

Oh and i'm all for the Nano too,once the state govt sees fit consider my claim for a license ie.They fucked up my voter identity card so no comments there.It was so much for fun being 17 and on the other side of the insanity divide.

Great post though,cheers !

Agent Orange said...

Thanks. :)

Reems. said...

\awesome/

=D

M said...

So, I like this blog.
Many many much.

Agent Orange said...

Ok, thenks.

freeflowingsalt said...

dude, i'm very much a facebook-quiz junkie (and an environmentalist - but we will get to that later :P). What's not to like about applications that tell you that George Clooney would be head-over-heels in love with you, if only he knew you? (Not you, but me actually - it was a pretty great day) You know how escapist and wonderful that is?
And facebook is supposed to be a social networking website at the most basic level. When it actually comes down to it, it's just a tangible (Well, as tangible as we can get) place to construct our personalities and how we want to be perceived by other people. Quiz results totally fit in to that. You should try it - I know you'd totally get into it.

And maaan, you hate environmentalists that much...? warm, fuzzy farts? Really? You think they don't have anything to offer? I don't live in the Himalayas, and I do live in the comfort of my cosy home. I just try to use more blankets when I'm cold, instead of the heater, more rickety ceiling fans when I'm warm rather than the AC, take the bus more often, not throw garbage around - it's not that hard and again, it's pretty fun. It cuts down on the asthma attacks quite a bit believe it or not lol. :)

I like the post even if we disagree on everything - well 2 out of 3 anyway.

Agent Orange said...

Eh, FB quizzes are a complete waste of time. Atleast my time, when I have go around clicking on my profile to not show me who took the "How big/small is my dick quiz?", online. Dude, unzip, measure, know. Why take a quiz for eveything under the sun, and above it?

I concede the Know-it-All quizzes are way more fun, atleast they're worth the time you're wasting on them.

As far as environmentalism goes, I have nothing against the concept, just the implementation. How can you be selective about what part of the environment you want to save and then convenient abuse the part that you think isn't as important?

I believe in John Stuart Mill's Harm Principle, and I believe that liberty is a natural right. Think about it, I know you'd totally get into it. :)

Unknown said...

t'was fun reading...a good bye on behalf of folks frm VNIT...ppl will miss ur band more than u...nd may be u wont mind dis !!

Poe said...

Ay, boy, you DO know you can filter who shows up on your news feed, right? Don't be making all us quiz-takers with food poisoning and ergo no life feel bad about it. *shakes finger* Your acerbic rants hurt, they doo.
And congrajulayshuns on getting into MICA, yo. :)

-E