Hi
Are you a Vodafone customer?
Sadly, I am. And it makes me sick.
About three weeks to a month ago, owing to reimbursement procedure at my organization (another conversation, altogether), I decided to switch from my pre-paid student-like telephone connection to what is a decidedly grown up, with-the-bill, post-paid connection. I was asked for a few documents, photo ID as proof and a couple of photographs which I promptly delivered to the company sponsored errand boy who came to pick them up from my residence (please note: this is not Chekhov's gun-style random detail, he did come and pick them up from where I lived.) I also paid him the Rs. 150 processing fee.
Over the next week or so, I entertained a minimum of three calls a day from the Vodafone call centre, and made provisions for my neighbour, the watchmen at my office and home and my parents back home to verify my existence and vouch for my awesomeness at being a customer. The verification human being/child prodigy/Mensan called on my office guard at 845AM, flabbergasting him; had a word with my neighbour who confirmed I lived where I lived and called my folks back home probably to verify that I was born. Twice.
Amid this, he called me a few times asking me the same questions: where I work, what I do, how long I've worked here and what my designation is. The same process went on for about 10 days where the person from the Vodafone call centre would wish me a very good morning/afternoon/whathaveyou and proceed to run the Spanish Inquisition on me, progressively against my wishes.
While this process met with an abrupt halt that has left me wondering what the company is doing after it has verified my details, I began receiving calls from Vodafone that started with: "Vineet Sir, aapke number ko humaare company ne free postpaid upgrade ke liye chuna hai."
(awkward pause)
The first time, I thought it was a mistake, the second time I thought they were repeating it, the third time I got annoyed and the fourth time I told them for the fourth time that I'd already been verified and this is a sham. About the 10th call happened to me before I began writing this and the woman on the other end didn't have the decency to hear me out. The moment her "free post-paid oh-you-lucky-man" spiel ended and I began to air my grievance, she promptly hung up, great afternoon be damned.
I was told during my initial exchange that this process would take two days, and while I already have the 'post-paid' SIM in my possession, it still isn't active. I'm now sitting here wondering if I should wait till Vodafone actually hires a bunch of Zoozoos to do what I need them to (sidebar: seriously overplayed campaign idea, just saying). Given that the company has all my data anyway, since I've used this number for over a year now, I fail to fathom how this tangle of a process serves any purpose for the company. I further fail to understand how you can charge me money for a service, not deliver any of the service and then tell me you're offering me the same service for free. I also donot understand WHAT THE VERIFICATION PROCESS IS ALL ABOUT! YOUR DUDE CAME TO MY HOUSE TO GET THE DOCUMENTS SIGNED! STREAMLINE YOUR GODDAMN PROCESS AND GET THIS DONE.
Speaking in uncaps, please, Vodafone, spare me your free stuff brand magnanimity, and just give me what I paid for, promptly even.
-
Vineet Kanabar
+91-9619154113.
Are you a Vodafone customer?
Sadly, I am. And it makes me sick.
About three weeks to a month ago, owing to reimbursement procedure at my organization (another conversation, altogether), I decided to switch from my pre-paid student-like telephone connection to what is a decidedly grown up, with-the-bill, post-paid connection. I was asked for a few documents, photo ID as proof and a couple of photographs which I promptly delivered to the company sponsored errand boy who came to pick them up from my residence (please note: this is not Chekhov's gun-style random detail, he did come and pick them up from where I lived.) I also paid him the Rs. 150 processing fee.
Over the next week or so, I entertained a minimum of three calls a day from the Vodafone call centre, and made provisions for my neighbour, the watchmen at my office and home and my parents back home to verify my existence and vouch for my awesomeness at being a customer. The verification human being/child prodigy/Mensan called on my office guard at 845AM, flabbergasting him; had a word with my neighbour who confirmed I lived where I lived and called my folks back home probably to verify that I was born. Twice.
Amid this, he called me a few times asking me the same questions: where I work, what I do, how long I've worked here and what my designation is. The same process went on for about 10 days where the person from the Vodafone call centre would wish me a very good morning/afternoon/whathaveyou and proceed to run the Spanish Inquisition on me, progressively against my wishes.
While this process met with an abrupt halt that has left me wondering what the company is doing after it has verified my details, I began receiving calls from Vodafone that started with: "Vineet Sir, aapke number ko humaare company ne free postpaid upgrade ke liye chuna hai."
(awkward pause)
The first time, I thought it was a mistake, the second time I thought they were repeating it, the third time I got annoyed and the fourth time I told them for the fourth time that I'd already been verified and this is a sham. About the 10th call happened to me before I began writing this and the woman on the other end didn't have the decency to hear me out. The moment her "free post-paid oh-you-lucky-man" spiel ended and I began to air my grievance, she promptly hung up, great afternoon be damned.
I was told during my initial exchange that this process would take two days, and while I already have the 'post-paid' SIM in my possession, it still isn't active. I'm now sitting here wondering if I should wait till Vodafone actually hires a bunch of Zoozoos to do what I need them to (sidebar: seriously overplayed campaign idea, just saying). Given that the company has all my data anyway, since I've used this number for over a year now, I fail to fathom how this tangle of a process serves any purpose for the company. I further fail to understand how you can charge me money for a service, not deliver any of the service and then tell me you're offering me the same service for free. I also donot understand WHAT THE VERIFICATION PROCESS IS ALL ABOUT! YOUR DUDE CAME TO MY HOUSE TO GET THE DOCUMENTS SIGNED! STREAMLINE YOUR GODDAMN PROCESS AND GET THIS DONE.
Speaking in uncaps, please, Vodafone, spare me your free stuff brand magnanimity, and just give me what I paid for, promptly even.
-
Vineet Kanabar
+91-9619154113.
2 comments:
Hi Vineet Kanabar,
We are working on your concern and will get back to you with assistance in 48 hours.
Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care
Hello Vineet Kanabar,
Trust your services are working fine. We've share your feedback with our concerned department. Thanks for your time on the call.
Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care
Post a Comment