My photo
Observing and Reporting.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Prefer Accidents To You

I saw you at the staircase
Looking down the winding rails, straight at me,
with a smile on your face that said you knew what you were after.
The lights illuminated your face at a second's interval,
And like for a peasant devotee of a benevolent goddess,
I looked on, trying to find the lines that helped change your face.
I smiled back, thinking nothing of it and everything of you.
It felt like being set up for profound sadness, but in the future,
A sadness leaning on my shoulder, always escaping my glance.
A knowing sadness.
Like the slow coming of a big surprise, I saw the picture in your eyes
as you glided down the stairs, with I root to my spot, looking up
A deer in your headlights, with your headlights' too strong.

Crash (but the good kind).

Any accident you can walk away from is a good one to be in.
An accident that you can keep returning to, however, is what dreams are made of.



No comments: