She said something about the way it felt comfortable sitting at the window in my living room. I wish I could remember what exactly it was that she said but I was too intently following the reflection of the light dancing on the hair around her face when it moved while she spoke. I sat in the penumbra of her shadow and looked, looking like I was listening to her beautiful mouth make those meaningful sounds, but cheating on her words with her hair and sometimes with her lips, I felt dirty, perpetually wishing I could slow time down just so I could justly process every byte.
She stopped talking, she said, she wanted to share silence with someone like me. It felt nice for a few seconds before it felt strange but I chose not to say anything, and continued sharing what it was she felt like sharing with me. Like passengers settling into their seats for the road, we stared out the window as the night moved for us.
She asked me to ask her to leave when I felt like it and she would. I told her that might mean her making the decision unilaterally, because I wasn't going to ask her to go. Sometime in the morning, she made her way downstairs and home, leaving me her absence to fondle.
Alone, I smoked a cigarette before I slept.
2 comments:
Got a very Noir feel from it for some reason. Calm on the outside, chaotic on the inside.
{ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NB41QUIdU }
Post a Comment