So Facebook's made people's birthday a bulk affair, hasn't it?
I just witnessed some guy who's presumably really busy, pasting "HBD :)" on 5 people's wall, right from his homepage. Not happy b'day, not many happy returns, whatever that means, not even your ultraconventional and heartless "have a great one". Just "HBD :)", as if to say, look dude, I've got three and a half minutes to save the world but what the heck, I still found time to wish you on your, you know, birthday. And you know I mean it, because there's that colon-bracket thing at the end of the abbreviated goodwill.
For people who have had to wrestle with reason and reconcile to the very importance of birthdays in modern life, considering you're essentially celebrating getting older, consequently, you approaching the end of life, an event whose underlying tenets are directly opposed to man's eternal search for immortality, the perfunctory wishing of birthdays is something to be taken seriously.
HBD just won't do. Not with a Danielle Lloyd poster too.
I just witnessed some guy who's presumably really busy, pasting "HBD :)" on 5 people's wall, right from his homepage. Not happy b'day, not many happy returns, whatever that means, not even your ultraconventional and heartless "have a great one". Just "HBD :)", as if to say, look dude, I've got three and a half minutes to save the world but what the heck, I still found time to wish you on your, you know, birthday. And you know I mean it, because there's that colon-bracket thing at the end of the abbreviated goodwill.
For people who have had to wrestle with reason and reconcile to the very importance of birthdays in modern life, considering you're essentially celebrating getting older, consequently, you approaching the end of life, an event whose underlying tenets are directly opposed to man's eternal search for immortality, the perfunctory wishing of birthdays is something to be taken seriously.
HBD just won't do. Not with a Danielle Lloyd poster too.
2 comments:
which is why I stopped wishing most people online. Maketh no sense. The ones you care enough about, you call anyway.
And which is why I replied, "Thank you, kya haal hain? :)" to 80 or so posts. But there were none as crass as HBD, just "hey hpy bday!!"
Post a Comment