I'm return to life on the internet after a full 3 weeks, in what was a small step for mankind but a giant leap for me.
I feel dizzy right now. The air here is very rare. Lights are dim. No wait, that's just my new laptop screen. I have now fully well realized what the liquid in LCD stands for. At about Rs. 8,000, and driving in Ahmedabad's dusty streets, after I lost my wallet and all that goes with it - not an experience worth having. I am full of gratitude to the folks who let me use their computers to access the vicarious world intermittently though.
I wonder who had the first idea of adding the function keys on computers. Did they just think, "Hmm, these F-keys don't really do much. Let's make them prettier."? Because earlier, there used to be the twelve odd F keys on top of your keyboard, and you pretty much had little or no use for them. But now, they've topped in up with a key that goes 'Fn', which kind of works like the 'Shift' key, but is only smaller. It has its own identity though, what with being 'blue' and shit.
Saw a Dilbert cartoon about making bathroom showers voice activated.
Science gives 'The Evil That Men Do' a very strange, twisted meaning.
India's going to win the World Cup again.
I haven't lost it. I'm trying to create my own writer's block, and work my way around it.
Yeah, I've lost it. Heard one of Mitch Hedberg's lines the other day, that made a lot of sense. What truisms they spout, these speedballers.
"I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that."
I got my laptop fixed. Wrote an email to Football365. And wo0t. Second mail from top. On a Friday too. Fun.
If you're a gamer and you don't like Age of Empires II - The Age of Conquerors, don't even try talking to any of us.
I love karma.
2 comments:
Aisa kya ho gaya laptop ko?
The screen broke. Liquid from the crystalline display was seeping out like blood from a woman pressed against a fibre glass shield.
Post a Comment