I can,
wail till my lungs collapse,
I can,
sing you a sweet lullaby.
I can,
light up your eyes with a smile, perhaps.
I can,
spring an oasis, in the desert dry.
I can,
find my own way home, without a hand.
I can,
stumble drunk to your door.
I can,
be a stranger in a strange land.
I can,
be the pimp and the whore.
I can,
throw you to the sharks to be eaten alive,
I can,
carry you through the fields of blood, safe and sound.
I can,
be your pride and joy,
riding your luck into battle.
I can,
tell you the answer you’re looking for.
I can,
make you go round in circles looking for me.
I can,
buy you these words, a dime a dozen.
I can,
give myself to you, for free.
I can,
write your name in smoke, across the bright blue sky.
I can,
watch as the waves wash it away.
I can,
kiss your lips, fraught with desire.
I can,
watch and pine, as you turn away.
No comments:
Post a Comment